Monday, February 8

my paint splattered puzzle piece

freshly done.

colors a bit off in this one. Can I just say how hard it is to take
a decent picture of the back of your own neck?

So I have had my new tattoo for a little over a week now. I can finally turn my head without being in pain which is great! Definitely took that little action for granted all my life. I am thrilled with my paint splattered puzzle piece. It hurt but it was worth it. He took my slightly bizarre concept and rolled with it, making it into something better than I envisioned in my own head. All the color (paint) is freehand. Oh and he wore pink gloves and played music that I imagined futuristic robots fighting/dancing to. Overall it was a good experience.

My reasoning behind the tattoo... it's inspired by my little brother. The paint colors are the autism colors (he has Asperger's syndrome which is a form of autism), I just added my own spin to it with the splatter effect. One of my fondest childhood memories is when my mom would roll out a large white paper on the kitchen floor and my little brother and I would "go at it" with paint..on the paper, the floor and ourselves. *Note to self..NEED to find that picture of us.

His reaction:

me- "Hey little brother, you like my new tattoo? It's for you."

him- "Well...I'm not really a tattoo person but if you are going to get one, that would be a good one."

Sucess.

No comments:

Post a Comment